Welcome to Sadhu Goureswar College
The College is named jointly after two of the most revered beings of the locality, the renowned sage who devoted his austere life for divinity and the supranatural being, the Siva deity (Goureswar) who embraced the Sadhu in nearly paternal love. The strange juxtaposition of a human form and a celestial one gives ample evidence of the ethereal quality of this place. Everything is in an uncanny state. Otherwise, it would not have been possible for such a developing college to take shape in all its glorious manifestations in so short a period.Read More
- Principal List
- Our Teaching Staff
- Our Non-Teaching Staff
- College Rule
- Library Rule
- Governing Body
- Student Union
Our College Examination
The College will conduct the following examinations for promoting a candidate to next higher class or for being sentup for the CHSE or University Examination.
+2 Ist Year Class – Ist Terminal & Annual Examination
+2 IInd Year Class – Pre-Test & Test Examination
+3 Ist Year Class – Pre-Test & Test Examination
+3 IInd Year Class – Pre-Test & Test Examination
+3 IIIrd Year Class – Pre-Test & Test Examination
1. There shall be one terminal examination and one annual examination in theory /Practical paper in a subject for 1st year +2 Arts, Science and Commerce students. Similarly there shall be one Pre-test and one Test examination for sending up candidates for the CHSE and University Examinations for +2 second year, +3 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd year classes respectively.
2. Tentative dates for conduct of such examination will be notified at least one month prior to the commencement of the examinations. Detailed programme for such examination will be notified at least seven days prior to the commencement of the examinations.
3. There shall be periodic written exercise in tutorial classes.
4. Every student is required to appear at all these examinations. Students absenting themselves from these examinations will not be eligible for promotion or for being sentup for the university or H.S. Examinations.
5. A student who absents himself from any of the examinations is fined at the rate of Rs. 25/- per paper unless he applies to the Principal in writing with supporting evidence for exemption from fines.
6. A student found in possession of incriminating materials or adopting unfair means in order to gain any improper advantage in the examination will be fined Rs. 25/- and the paper shall be scratched. A notice to that effect will be circulated in all the classes and her/his father/guardian will be informed. A student shall be fined Rs. 25/- or more as determined by the principal if reported under misconduct to invigilators/examiners/other employees.
7. Matters relating to examination and anomalies, if any, are taken up in the staff council meeting.Staff council will frame rules from time to time for promoting students of 1st year +2 classes to the next higher class or for sending up the candidates to appear at the university examinations.